Other uses and disclosures in certain special circumstances.
- Public Health Risks – (i.e., vital statistics, child abuse/neglect, exposure to communicable diseases, reporting reactions to drugs or problems with products or devices.)- Health Oversight Activities
- Lawsuits and Similar Proceedings – May use or disclose in response to a court or administrative order if you are involved in a lawsuit or similar proceeding or in response to a discovery request, subpoena, or other lawful process.
- Deceased Patients – may be required to release to a medical examiner or coroner. If necessary, we may also release information for funeral director to perform their jobs.
- Organ and Tissue Donation- Serious Threats to Health or Safety
- Military – If you are a member of the U.S. or foreign military forces (including veterans) and if required by the appropriate authorities.- National Security
- Inmates – Our practice may disclose your health information to correctional institutions or law enforcement officials if you are an inmate or under the custody of a law enforcement official. Disclosure would be necessary for the institution to provide health care services to you, for the safety and security of the institution, and/or to protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others.
- Disclosures of your health information or its use for any purpose other than those listed above require your specific written authorization. If you change your mind after authorizing a use or disclosure of your information, you may submit a written revocation of the authorization. However, your decision to revoke the authorization will not affect or undo any use or disclosure of information that occurred before you notified us of your decision to revoke your authorization.